Selling Partner Support Change Program Management is seeking a passionate and experienced Sr. Program Manager.
The Selling Partner Support (SPS) is the organization in Amazon that provides world-class support to over 2.7+ MM Amazon Sellers in 10 countries.
Sellers, Vendors, and Buyers are our Customers and we help eliminate problems associated with selling their products in Amazon.
The Change Program Management (CPM) tracks the Seller / Vendor facing changes and minimize resulting variability in contact or issues volumes.
These changes are in the form of new features or changes in existing features initiated by business and technical teams in Amazon.
As a Sr Program Manager, you will be responsible for project portfolio governance, project intake planning, process improvements, and driving the assigned Large / Medium effort projects in JP, as well as working closely with Global CPM, as well as the other Far Eastern team particularly the AU team.
You will work with all the stakeholders to ensure all the parties are notified on the project status, making sure all project teams completes their assigned responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by meeting project milestones.
You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
The key objectives are : 1) Understand proposed change : Provide feedback to Amazon teams and positively influence the Seller / Vendor experience for specific releases, 2) Manage change experience : Plan, schedule and communicate all Seller-facing platform changes to ensure both the Sellers and Seller Support Operations team are notified and prepared prior to production release.
CPM is uniquely positioned to look Seller impacting changes proactively across Amazon.co.jp, 3) Measure and share : Drive postmortem analysis as required, share the successes and the lessons learned.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the capability of working among the Business partners and the Operation team to ensure all the stakeholders are pre-notified on the forthcoming launches, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by meeting the project milestones.
You will also assess the risks, anticipate the bottlenecks, provide the escalation management, make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize the business benefits.
1. Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, where tactical and strategic activities are driven in parallel.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Japanese (native level) and English (fluent).
3. Attention to details and has problem solving / analytical skills to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
4. Demonstrated the ability to work in ambiguous situations, across the organizational boundaries (including virtual and globally distributed teams), and able to work independently to create a path forward.
5. Ability to manage competing priorities across multiple projects under tight deadlines.
6. Ability to create the scalable process and communication plan with multiple cross functional changes.
8+ years of industry experience doing program / project management in the support and services industries.
1. Belief in the value of participating in, and contributing to a collaborative team environment.
2. Familiarity with six sigma, Kaizen.
3. Experience in customer-facing UI development, Internet products and technologies.
4. Contact Center (Phone, email, chat support) support experience.
5. Master or Bachelor’s degree in equivalent work experience.