ResponsibilitiesCompensation and Benefits (C&B) are powerful tools for furthering the company's strategic goals. A robust CB and Performance (CBP) strategy influences the organization's ability to attract and retain the best talent, while creating a strong alignment of individuals' interests with the organization's strategic goals.
ByteDance is looking around the world for the best and most dedicated employees on the market. ByteDance commits to providing a competitive salary and adequate benefits for its employees.
The C&B team at ByteDance, therefore, are constantly benchmarking and striving for the best practice & return on investment in developing competitive C&B policies.
The C&B team works on a lot of interesting problems. Whether it is developing new world-class compensation policies, diving deep into market research, analyzing big data and benchmarking.
The C&B team work on a lot of cool and exciting projects to come up with the best ways to serve our organization. Given the nature of our work, it also creates huge opportunities for collaboration with departments in and outside of the HR organization.
What You Will Do : 1. Design and iterate compensation policies for all job families in local countries / regions to ensure external competitiveness and internal equity, through research on compensation policies and practices of leading Tech companies, as well as internal data analysis.
2. Optimize current benefits programs for local countries / regions to ensure competitiveness, effectiveness and the alignment with the company's core value and culture.
3. Monitor local regulations & legislation, and work closely with legal to make sure C&B policies comply with local, state and federal laws.
communicate policies to local HRBPs and coordinate with them to ensure smooth progress; collect local feedback, analyze actual data and work with the central CBP team to enhance policies, online portal functions and project management.
5. Provide recommendations to business key stakeholders in tackling difficult cases in the area of compensation, incentive plans, benefits for employees motivation in order to achieve their business goals.
6. Manage vendor relations with outside firms, such as Mercer, Radford, etc.7. Travel as needed across our offices, 10% international travel.
8. This position is based in Tokyo / Seoul, and with current visa / travel restrictions in place due to the evolving COVID19 situation, candidates already based in Tokyo / Seoul will be prioritized.
Qualifications1. Working experience : At least 3 years of experience in HR C&B area, work experience in Japan is preferred.
2. Language skill : Highly proficient in English and one of the following language : Japanese / Korean.3. Strong analytical capabilities : Analyze trends, surveys, and spreadsheets to determine C&B strategies.
4. Great communication skill : Be able to communicate effectively with employees, the broad HR team and business lead & also be comfortable presenting programs and plans to employee groups, HR and leadership teams.
5. Strong Ethics and Discretion : Deal with confidential information and therefore, must be ethical and discrete when it comes to handling sensitive information.