Midokura is seeking an individual to be a key stakeholder in ensuring a smooth alignment with the customers contributing from the phase of specs definition giving support to Product Managers as solution architect, through the execution facilitating the implementation of the QA and testing policies which may contribute to exceed expectations and managing the service desk as a main point of contact and leader to guarantee the right level of customer service to satisfaction.
This Engineer will also collaborate with the DevOps team that manages our Continuous Integration and Delivery system to deploy the IoT management platform developed by our teams and lead the Tokyo Office IT activities.
This engineer will help the team to maintain the application specification that is used to deploy all the containerized components, research and suggest platform components, troubleshoot production issues, assist developers and maintain platform services health.
A person taking up this role’s challenges also needs to know how to deal with IoT devices, such as flashing, connecting to cloud and other devices, dealing with authentication certificates, troubleshooting network issues and monitoring resource usage.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is willing to learn new technologies and innovate, has strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills, as well as the ability to take on multiple responsibilities at once. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with teams distributed internationally and excellent Japanese language and culture skills.
- Maintain the Continuous Integration & Delivery platform:
- Optimize build times
- Ensure tests cover all important business logic and functionality
- Assist developers with troubleshooting CI & delivery issues
- Ensure and improve the platform security (credentials anonymity, scalability, platform resilience, disaster recovery strategies...)
- Operate the containerized platforms:
- Update application and service definitions (Kubernetes Helm charts)
- Deal with connectivity and discovery for individual components (databases, backend, UI, storage...)
- Manage authentication (TLS certificates, component credentials)
- Monitor and maintain reports of application and services health
- Build tools and tests to determine overall system availability and performance bottlenecks, and work with developers to overcome them.
- Continuous research, evaluation and demoing of new technologies in order to improve products and services
- Maintain Midokura IT infrastructure:
- Office connectivity (Internet, Wifi, wired network, printers...)
- VPN for employees
- Recommend IT equipment for company employees (PCs, notebooks, devices…)
- Maintain company’s cloud resources
Solutions Architect activity:
Participate with the product manager in the SSS requirements analysis, enriching the discussions to get a deep understanding of the customer expectations, advising if needed to facilitate the features definition and execution through formulating the right technical requirements and recommendations.
Work with multiple points of contact to ensure a smooth communication between the different stakeholders at SSS and MIdokura during the process of feature definitions.
Handle proof of concept deployments, training and support after releasing to ensure the fulfillment of expectations from SSS.
- Contribute to excel the product documentation providing feedback to the related stakeholders (Product Manager and Technical writer) in order to meet SSS expectations.
Quality and Testing activity:
- Review and approve test specifications, test cases, test plans and general QA policies and procedures.
- Participate on the definition of regression, black-box and systems tests and capability to write through unit tests same as a developer.
- Coordinate the management and even customization of the automation framework/tools
- Lead the definition of the guidelines to evolve our distributed, cloud-based testing framework.
- Manually test our edge computing solution by generating various types of traffic between devices or between devices and cloud.
- Automate CLI, GUI and controller testing.
- Assisting with debugging
- Analyzing test script results
- Troubleshoot and isolate issues, file bugs and work with developers to find root causes.
- Record and track product defects.
- Drive increased and improved test coverage across the whole code-base.
Service Desk Support:
- Lead the organization supporting HR in hiring new resources when needed and providing the right level of mentoring to the junior individuals to facilitate they meet expectations in their role.
- Be the main point of contact to respond to incoming support requests for our products, and communicate directly with the customer to solve the issues as well as take care of the workflow to scalate the problems after a triage to the right team.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve customer support requests, often working closely with the engineering team to resolve issues
- Evaluate Service Level accomplishments proposing improvements and carrying out regular meeting with SSS to evaluate the service performance and coordinate
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years in computer networks and distributed test systems.
- 3+ years programming in any OO language: Python, C++, Java, Scala or similar
- 3+ years designing, developing & maintaining distributed systems:
- High Availability
- Fault Tolerance
- 3+ years working on Kubernetes management:
- Cluster & Service management
- DNS and service discovery
- Job management
- Helm chart creation
- 3+ years experience in project management
- Knowledge about the major public cloud providers (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- User experience in major Operating Systems (MacOS, Windows)
- Networking (knowledge of major protocols, debugging network issues)
- Scripting and Software Development (Python, bash, …)
- Network security
- PKI & TLS certificate management
- Experience writing architecture documents
- Experience writing test plans and test cases, from analyzing feature specs
- Strength in at least one of Shell, Puppet, Chef, Ansible within the context of deploying complex network scenarios
- Traffic generation and analysis tools: iperf, netperf, mgen, nmap, tcpdump or similar
- Experience working in Agile environments
Desired Skills and Experience
- Edge Computing architecture and Services
- IoT Devices
- Linux container technologies (Docker)
- Experience with Rally, IXIA, IxLoad, IxChariot, Avalanche, Tempest, Rally, Selenium or similar tools a plus
- Experience with Cassandra
- Excellent problem solving and analytical/quantitative skills
- Experience as customer support Engineer
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Japanese Residence (Mandatory)
- Japanese and English (Full Professional Proficiency) and Spanish as a plus
Powered by JazzHR