Renesas is a leading semicondutor company providing comprehensive hardware and software solutions for cutting edge technology such as autonomous driving, robots, factory automation and smart homes.
We employ about 20,000 people worldwide and boost sales of more than 700 billion yen in FY2020. We are a major supplier to electronics manufacturers around the world.
In 2017, we acquired Intersil, a major Analog semiconductor American company and in 2019, we acquired Integrated Device Technology which specializes in mixed signal and analog products.
We have entered a growth phase and aim at having continous growth in the semiconductor market.
The global Renesas Legal Division supports the teams that develop, produce, promote, and sell these exciting technology solutions.
We are looking for candidates who will be covering legal responsibilities on a global level. Candidates without a legal licence will be hired as "Legal Specialist" while those with the appropriate licence will be hired as "Associate Corporate Counsel" or "Corporate Counsel".
1. Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of agreements including sales agreements, services agreements, intellectual property agreements, and partnership agreements.
2. Provide advice to business teams on a range of legal topics relating to existing and newly developed products, including intellectual property, privacy, marketing, competition, and other legal and regulatory areas.
3. Collaborate with global legal teams to develop and implement best practices and policies, for example in the areas of contracting, licensing, and compliance.
4. Assist with special projects at all levels of the Renesas group of companies.
Required Skills and Work Experience
technology transaction experience preferred. Litigators looking to transition to a commercial and product in-house role are welcome to apply.
2. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
3. Keen attention to detail, ability to work independently, and excellent organizational skills.
4. Good judgment with an understanding of when to ask for guidance or input.
5. Solid understanding of the difference between remote and real risks.
6. Cooperative attitude and an affinity for working with others to get the job done.
7. Ability to communicate in Japanese and draft / review Japanese agreements.
8. Ability to understand commercial documents written in English.
1. Work experience in a Japanese listed company.
2. Experience handling technology-related contracts. Experience in commercial transactions litigation is a plus.
3. Keen interest in the semiconductor business and technology.
4. Seeking career advancement at Renesas.
5. English verbal communication
Please provide your resume in English and Japanese.