1. Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in information system troubleshooting and support.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of related hardware and software.
3. Professional Certification(s) may be required, depending on job assignment.
4. Comprehensive knowledge of operating, administering and installing Ref Hat Enterprise Linux.
5. Comprehensive knowledge of operating and administering Oracle databases.
6. Knowledge of programming in C# or some other object oriented language preferred.
7. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
8. Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
9. Provides software and system troubleshooting and support. Provides technical support and training to end-users.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
AA / AS in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years’ experience desired
The ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Secret Clearance required