The Opportunity :
This position is responsible for all aspects of financial leadership, including commercial business support, financial reporting and control environment of our Japan business.
This leadership team role will need to partner closely with the local commercial team and to help guide and influence decisions that drive results for the business.
He / she is also responsible for the ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of reporting to Regional F,P&A, the Controllers office and other headquarters finance teams.
What Your Impact Will Be :
1. Management of the preparation, reviewing and analysis of weekly state of the business (SOTB) and participating in rolling up of Financial Plans (Plan, Forecasts and 3-Year Plans / LRGP) as well as the specific support for Japan’s Growth Plan (JGP).
Involves strong leadership capacity to coordinate efforts in many different areas under very tight timeframes. JGP is a high profile project to >
double to business in the next 3 years and has frequent exposure to senior leadership.
2. Help to ensure that the subsidiary achieves its financial goals, volume, margin, operating income, inventory and accounts receivables, while also helping to manage key performance measures around sales by brand, sales by customer through reporting and follow up with the Marketing and Sales teams.
These activities are performed on an ongoing basis.
3. Be the finance voice in the local market leadership team, as well as a member of the Asia Pac Finance leadership team, to help ensure the market and region deliver against their objectives.
4. Help to review and track Trade Spend, Advertising and Promotions and Overheads costs to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and budgetary control.
Ensure corrective actions are taken by budget holders as needed to ensure spend is delivering as expected and to budget / forecast.
5. Provide financial expertise to support the JGP at a strategic and operational level.
What We’re Looking For :
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world.
We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies.
Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies.
Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.