About ByteDance ByteDance is a technology company operating a range of content platforms that inform, educate, entertain and inspire people across languages, cultures and geographies.
Dedicated to building global platforms of creation and interaction, ByteDance now has a portfolio of applications available in over 150 markets and 75 languages.
For example, TikTok, Helo, Vigo Video, Douyin, and Huoshan. ByteDance's platforms aim to help users explore and discover the world's creativity, knowledge and moments that matter in everyday life, while empowering everyone to be a creator directly from their smartphones.
We are committed to building a safe, healthy and positive online environment for all our users. About the role ByteDance is searching for a Talent and Development Consultant for our ever-growing Tokyo office.
You will partner with a number of cross-functional stakeholders and leaders to refine our end to end approach to our most important asset, our talent.
You will be tasked with a variety of different initiatives from onboarding, career development, leadership development, team building, and employee engagement through external / internal events etc.
The solutions you deliver will not only help drive our performance-oriented culture but also our business objectives. This person will have an amazing opportunity to work in a fast-paced global organization and lay the foundation to build a world-class learning culture.
The successful candidate that we are seeking for will serve as the Talent Development business partner for Japan, building capability and delivering talent management interventions for all organization-wide.
1. By way of effective business partnering cross all verticals / businesses within Japan and identify talent management opportunities to contribute to the success of our organization.
2. Develop talent development strategies within individual business leaders on building expertise and capabilities for their teams and how they can leverage on Talent Development International programs, interventions, and tools.
3. Focus on key groups such as new hires, leaders and to create customized programs aimed at improving their leadership skills, functional skills, based on the skill sets demanded of them by the organization.
4. Identify, conceptualize, implement, measure and end-to-end projects in the area of talent development by utilizing various tools of talent management.
5. Design, facilitate and manage Talent Development Programs. These include anything from onboarding, orientations, career development, leadership development, team building, and employee engagement through external / internal events.
6. Work closely with APAC team and other International counterparts to continuously exchange and develop best practices and implement those in the region.
7. Drive increased awareness and engagement of TD offerings within the HR community, business leaders and employeesQualifications1.
5+ years of progressive impact in L&D, organizational development, manager training, employee education, onboarding, coaching, leadership development, performance management, talent management, or similar areas.
2. Minimum Bachelor degree in related fields.3. Confidence and credibility to influence at all levels, and comfortable interacting with leaders and various stakeholders to partner, consult, design, and deliver / facilitate talent development interventions.
4. Strong interpersonal skills including a demonstrated ability to communicate to all levels and functions of the organization and build trusting and credible relationships.
5. The ability to demonstrate outstanding consulting and facilitation skills, with a track record of leading complex sessions to a successful outcome.
6. Proof of being pragmatic and business-focused - not just academic.7. Expertise building and scaling learning initiatives in a high-growth, rapidly adapting environment.
8. Experience deciding how best to resource learning initiatives, drawing from a mix of external vendors, consultants, internal experts, learning management systems, and bespoke organization programs.
9. A strong track record in instructional design, learning content development, or behavioural change practices.10. Have an understanding of the major business dealings, cross-cultural awareness and globalization especially for Chinese internet companies.
11. Strong interpersonal skills; a team player and enjoys working with others in a collaborative, social environment.12. Fluency in Japanese and English language proficiency.